Different Wall Thickness outer/inner

CloudAerospace

Posted · Different Wall Thickness outer/inner

Im 3D printing a shape similar to a tube like structure. I need 2mm thick walls on the inside of the tube but only 0.5mm walls on the outside of the tube, to save print material is there a way to do this as so far I've only seen all walls having to be the same thickness, thanks in advance to anyone who can help in any way, shape or form

Capture.PNG

Posted · Different Wall Thickness outer/inner

You can do this with mesh modifiers.  You can add a cylinder that only includes the outer or only the inner edge and modify the wall thickness for just that region.

The video below explains it.  Maybe skip to about 3 minutes into the video.  Unfortunately the video is 6 years old so the cura interface changed a little but not much.  I think you can figure it out.