Switching the UltiController sound off - any ideas?

Posted · Switching the UltiController sound off - any ideas?

Hi all,

I'm really pretty satisfied with my UM1, but one thing is really annoying: When the button on the Ulticontroller is pressed, there is a really horrible noise from the piezo.

Is there any possibility to decrease the volume?

Or is the only solution a soldering iron to get rid of this sound? :mrgreen:

Any idea is welcome...

Regards,

Joerg

@Daid: sounds good I think that's it for me ;)

btw: do you have any comment to this question? http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4535-calculating-required-filament-in-layers-view/

@Dim3nsioneer: thanks for the hint, but that's a little bit too dangerous I think - never change a running system ;) . May be I will try it later...

@Nick: You're a lucky one :)

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers,

Joerg

just to make this thread useful for others in future:

As I were going to connect my raspberry with my UM1 it came to my attention that I have to change the firmware and I visited the link from Dimensioneer.

There I just change the Baud rate for the connection and put the new firmware on my UM. After that the sound was pretty quiet. So there ist no button or slider to regulate the volume - just the firmware from the Marlin builder and everything is fine - perfect solution :)

Thanks to all.