Outer wall problem.

arhis

Posted · Outer wall problem.

Choose the "Custom" settings.

To the right of the settings search box is the Hamburger icon (three lines on it) and it is the setting visibility tool.  Click on it and set the visibility to "All".

In the wall section is "Wall Ordering" and set that to "Outside To Inside".

There is an option in the Infill section for "Infill Before Walls".

11 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Choose the "Custom" settings.

To the right of the settings search box is the Hamburger icon (three lines on it) and it is the setting visibility tool.  Click on it and set the visibility to "All".

In the wall section is "Wall Ordering" and set that to "Outside To Inside".

There is an option in the Infill section for "Infill Before Walls".

It doesn't work with "true" outer walls. It only sets the order to any particular wall and its in and out perimeters.

Cura is using it's own definition of an outer wall where it is any wall with air on one side and model on the other. 

If we are on the same page here, you want the insides of the pockets to print "Inside to Outside" but the exterior of the box to print "Outside to Inside".  Is that right?

Posted (edited) · Outer wall problem.
    16 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Cura is using it's own definition of an outer wall where it is any wall with air on one side and model on the other. 

If we are on the same page here, you want the insides of the pockets to print "Inside to Outside" but the exterior of the box to print "Outside to Inside".  Is that right?

I want the outside of the box to be printed first, because it have to fit the rack. I don't care how it will be inside.

And I don't see any way to do it.

Edited by arhis

Maybe you can scale the model in just the X?  It shows as 135.6 in the X (the width?) so maybe at 135.0 the problem would go away.  That would make each pocket a tad smaller though.

135.6 because of 1.2mm walls for the adequate printing and actually I expected that by choosing the outside to inside option, I would get it.