Infill showing through wall

Buellxbr
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Infill showing through wall

Anycubic Vyper, stock rom, no upgrades, Ultimaker Cura Slicer 5.2.1

Running into an issue with infill showing through walls, or walls intersecting. Below are the settings I have tried, but with no success. It is an issue with every print. Also getting some pretty bad bulging at corners, believe acceleration and jerk are to low?

.1 through .8 nozzles

line widths from .1-.85

Layer heights from .1 to .6

Infill from 5% to 100%

Wall thickness from .8mm - 4mm - Higher the wall count the worse it gets.

Infill overlap less than and more than 10%

Wall optimization on and off

Print walls before infill on and off

Different speed settings

Several different brands of PLA, ABS and Nylon.

I printed just a plain block which is the best print I've had in awhile, but still showing some infill. Tracks have been cleaned, wheels tightened and belts, also made 0 difference.

20221118_100215.thumb.jpg.f7e65dc5cdaf885e108088cc3b1d06b0.jpg20221118_092224.thumb.jpg.540d277bf9bf537476150d6fca2a150f.jpg

Load one of your models and set Cura up to slice.  Then use the "File | Save Project" command and post the 3mf file here.

Usually 3 walls will keep infill from showing or leaving marks.  It can be affected y a lot of different things from under-extrusion to a loose hot end.  Post the project file and maybe looking at it will at least eliminate some things. 

I have attached the .3mf. 

Currently using Overture easy nylon, heat 217, speed 60mm, extrusion 99%, .6mm hot end. New hot end as of yesterday, been an issue prior. Checked nozzle and is sunk to base. Ill try heat next if you don't see anything else.

AV_EPHolder.3mf

• Solution
    Posted (edited) · Infill showing through wall

There are a couple of things in your settings that I took note of.  All-in-all, the settings are conservative and don't look like a problem.  The differences I have with them are purely personal preference.

Now let's talk about what's really going on with that second model and it's got nothing to do with infill.

It's the model and your line width.  They are causing Cura to develop a toolpath to account for how close the wall of the pockets come to the main outside wall.  Right at that tangency - the model goes from 3 walls to effectively 1.5 walls because the wall cross section is only 2.05mm thick there.  The inner walls go in, then Cura puts in a short line (6mm long) as a connector.  That short line has a prime at the start and a retraction with a wipe move at the end and bumps are developing on the print.  When the nozzle comes by with the last outer wall it hits those little bumps and jostles just enough to leave a noticeable artifact in the outer wall.  There are smaller bumps developing where the inner walls come together in my lovely circles.

Bump1.thumb.png.7a82ea1363b8480e87c243710f49c547.png

This is the same area but in AutoCad (you will need to click on it and zoom in).  It looks like a highway with 6 lanes merging into 3.

bump2.thumb.png.eb4cb804b91e90c64e6dd98f2dce890f.png

So the problem is that the inner walls just behind the outer wall is made up of pieces and parts rather than a continuous extrusion and there are a bunch of stops and starts at each of the 19 locations where this condition occurs.

I think you have three options here.

• Drop the line width of the walls and maybe go with a .4 nozzle.  You can put the top and bottom layers down at .65 but make the inner and outer walls .40 line width.  You should be able to maintain the .30 layer height.  The print time goes to 1:14 so will take about 4 minutes longer.  With the wall line width at .40 Cura will be able to change to 6 lanes merging with 5 lanes and a lot of the bumps should go away.  Those little areas are more akin to a miniature than a practical model.
    • The second option is to try printing this with the wall order as "Outside to Inside".  With the outer walls going down first they should harden before all the shorter extrusions go in between them.
    • Probably not an acceptable option, but if there were 4 mm between the inner pocket and the outside wall then Cura could fit 6 lanes through there and the traffic jam goes away.  The part would be 4mm longer and 4mm wider.

That's what I've got.  Hope it helps.

Edited by GregValiant

I cheated.  When I zoomed in on that second image of yours I noticed that there was no problem until the pockets started.  The lower layers are perfect and then the bumps start.  There is infill all the way down and that lower 2mm or so wasn't an issue.