Prime Tower/Ooze Shield issue Cura5.2.1

madurani
Go to solution Solved by madurani,

Posted (edited) · Prime Tower/Ooze Shield issue Cura5.2.1

Hello All,

I have printer with 4-IN-1-OUT Mixing Color hotend and use a Cura slider tool. Problem appear when I use mode "Dual extrusion". 

Prime tower still use extruder 1 on printing first layer of tower although isn't use in model. I don't know find in cura slicer any setting for it(a managing of which extruders will be use in firs layer).

For example: I want print model where are use only extruder 3(white) and 4(blue). Cura begin build tower with extruder 1(black) and continue with using extruder 1 in some shield around tower and in Ooze Shield around model. Where is posible disable this strange behavior of cura?

The first extruder shouldn't be used, because this color isn't in model.

image.thumb.png.0adb43bc2b4b017f24f0b4973df48635.png

First layer:

image.thumb.png.a111d7865717bd52a0f26c24fc2cf18b.png

Edited by madurani

• madurani changed the title to Prime Tower/Ooze Shield issue Cura5.2.1
    Posted · Prime Tower/Ooze Shield issue Cura5.2.1

Very temporary solution in my case when I want only disable/replace extruder1 with extruder3 was modify gcode
    output file from Cura. I replaced it with sed command  extruder1(T0) with extruder3(T2) and were fixed:

grep T0 CFFFP_color2.gcode|wc -l 

sed -i 's/T0/T2/g' CFFFP_color2_sed.gcode
    grep T0 CFFFP_color2.gcode|wc -l

When I print file via OctoPrint

Posted (edited) · Prime Tower/Ooze Shield issue Cura5.2.1

I responded on Github and I'll rehash it here.

This looks like a bug to me as it doesn't matter if T0 is disabled or unused.  When the Prime Tower is enabled Cura switches to T0.  With the Prime Tower disabled it seems to work as it should with no references to T0.

I see you have a workaround.  The same thing can be done within Cura using Search and Replace post-processor:
    Search = T0\n
    Replace = T3\n
    Use regular expressions = checked

The "\n" is a newline character and they are required as shown.

Whether it's done in Cura or Octoprint - it's a poor workaround as the movement code at the Prime Tower is still there and it isn't needed (or wanted).

Edited by GregValiant

• 2 weeks later...