Stringing issue; which retraction setting for Anycubic Kobra Neo?

arinev

Posted · Stringing issue; which retraction setting for Anycubic Kobra Neo?

Hello there,

relatively new to this forum and also with FDM printers so please be patient about my noob questions. Since I bought a new Kobra Neo I am having big stringing\oozing issues that I can't solve in any way; these issue are often happening in the smallest part of the printed objects. I am also trying some string test object, like the one I attached, and the results are always not good at all specially as you can see in the picture (setting was Retraction distance:7 mm; Retraction speed: 60 mm). I've tried different settings from google search but still no solution to come; since I am interested into 28mm miniature printing please tell me if you have any advice for this particular printer model.. Thanks in advance! 

1669545715233.jpg

string_test_fast_pyramid.stl

Posted · Stringing issue; which retraction setting for Anycubic Kobra Neo?

This is a popular problem.

Passing the STL or other model file along is OK for some topics but in your case folks would want to see your settings.  

With the model loaded and Cura set up and ready to slice, use the "File | Save Project" command to create a 3mf project file.  Post that file here.  It will contain not just the model, but also your printer and all your settings.

In the Travel section are two settings you will need to adjust.  If you hover your mouse over them the tooltips will come up.

"Retraction Minimum Travel"

"Max Comb Distance with No Retraction"

You want to set those up to insure there will be a retraction when the nozzle moves from one tower to the other.  After you get that right then you can start on dialing in the Retraction Distance and the Retraction/Prime speeds.  Good starting points for those on a bowden  printer are 5.0 and 30mm/sec.  Most folks end up at 6 or 6.5 and at 35 to 45mm/sec.