Fighting with ABS (UM Original)

r4ix

Posted · Fighting with ABS (UM Original)

Even i get some warping in some prints i know what cause it and how to solve it.

I'm trying to print a box for a portable amp 185x185x130mm. What i found is some underextrusion at random layers, so layers are not well stuck together, this result in warping along the piece and broken it.

Hi R4xi

Not sure what you mean by 20% Density

It doesn't look like under extrusion but more like warping which is then causing splitting from the stress

You could try turning the fan down a bit more or building a heat chamber or partial heat chamber using bubble wrap wrapped around your UM plus over the top

Also leave it on the heated bed for a bit after printing

Not real sure, hope someone else chimes in with suggestions

This is absolutely classic symptom of ABS not in a heated chamber. Try draping a blanket or wrapping your machine in bubble wrap, you need to get it up to about 40degC. Your heated bed is plenty enough to achieve this, you don't need any other heat source.

Hi!

Thanks for answering.

I suppossed it was that.

I'm experimenting with a regulated heat chamber (home low cost made), i would like to work at 60+-2 degrees.

By now i'm experimenting with the temperature gradient around the bed to have more control of the temperature but even with no control the results are being very good. I will post about it.

Thanks.