Settings: Dual Extrusion (Sort of solved)

deonholt

Posted (edited) · Settings: Dual Extrusion (Sort of solved)

I just learned that Tinkercad does not export two parts as two seperate bodies. This is why Cura sees it is one part and not two.

Thanks.

Hi.

I added a second extruder about two years ago and had the printing setup in Cura. But I used the second extruder more than a year ago, upgrader to newer versions and also installed a bigger hard drive.

Long story short, I don't have my Cura settings for dual extrusion printing. I googled to see if I can find some YT video but nothing that helps me from scratch.

I did install a custom printer and added a second extruder and managed to find my old G-code for this.

What I cannot seem to get right is the profile settings in Cura. I opened an old 2-part test print I still have but now cannot remember how to assign a specific part to a specific extruder and so on.

Can anyone here please point me to a video-tutorial explaining this?

Attached is a screenshot as designed with Tinkercad as well as a screenshot of the preview in Cura. I know this cannot be correct because I don't see the text in the block.

Thanks.

Deon

2-part preview#1.jpg

2-part preview#2.jpg

Edited by deonholt
changed text

• deonholt changed the title to Settings: Dual Extrusion (Sort of solved)
    Posted · Settings: Dual Extrusion (Sort of solved)

Hey @deonholt,

You can export selected shapes from TinkerCad!
    image.thumb.png.f1e51435bc0c2b8455cadfc3d1403af9.png

You can also use a cutting mesh if you just want to color a part of the object. 
    You can read more about that here.

I personally like this video explaining Cura for beginners.
    But I also have this .gif that shows how you can prepare a file for dual extrusion. 
    image.gif.f956f7aa56684775b1a5539cdb479812.gif

• 1 year later...

Good day 

I have 2 wanhao duplicators 12/300 dual i recently upgraded m cura to 5.6 .

My problem is i can't vind a way to print 2 colors on my masjine , as soon as i change the extruder on 2 1 also change to 2 .

17095426904591001788087580868984.jpg

You aren't giving much information here.

What exactly are you trying to do?

What does the model look like?

Is there more than one model?

If there is more than one model do they "merge" or are they always separate?

A project file ("File | Save Project") always helps.