Filament is printing very thin.

joostttbosman

Posted · Filament is printing very thin.

a cold pull is usually done with whatever filament you have been using, so briefly you remove the Bowden tube, heat the head to higher than usual temp, hand push filament through the nozzle, set the temperature to a low temp (for PLA about 95degrees), then pull out the filament - it should remove any stuck filament from inside the nozzle.

It can be helpful to use a different color filament for this process as you may then see the removed stuck filament

26 minutes ago, stu_le_brew said:

a cold pull is usually done with whatever filament you have been using, so briefly you remove the Bowden tube, heat the head to higher than usual temp, hand push filament through the nozzle, set the temperature to a low temp (for PLA about 95degrees), then pull out the filament - it should remove any stuck filament from inside the nozzle.

It can be helpful to use a different color filament for this process as you may then see the removed stuck filament

Thanks, I'll try that I put the temp too high. I also don't have any other filament so ill have to keep trying until it prints good, ill let you know.

On 12/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, stu_le_brew said:

I can't seem to push any material trough on the low temperature, and it also doesn't look like my cold filament is melting. And it also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Here is a picture of the nozzle, I think it looks completely clogged.3qGmZhZ7cDwRZY8Y4ljFKaDr5tlACSbjsRxDGX7vgcZpgiXDCFVVcKCRpZ7ftY_CFxsW4tbqHAXf4eDE3-uiRuCqDPnUYP5qtKLNEzeAyQx19bkxWVvnZLwIv4udM4LD1EP_mqk0sBEL2V-EjKyt5XkWtUF_Rpk0O8Iy4dhP6wnnhn008iA3iJFhQ2xRfxtA8o1hjg14Lh3qTEbn1YyZSCf77X5-_ydrhPf41LL3wrVjCoTKCqrxqdXIVGrKerY1pXf7hpXIKiOPZmlhXUdeiaxovNp3e4yv6anlEuDnqf8HZupLrzHGqOPwlvrhhTm6xf18FKq2u1WQzX1e7vn4r1yUza6-LcFbatbWliuqlhXqRXYWl7hzrEgRf6BHEEaKEomazscO3BScBY3eZRzeyNDW9-GOFjOeEXDdDHqc7SFonnmretZ0muGYvqZkCp2O_vi5kea614dYFkr7XQ0jPCl_39ZUU7tvrq_YROUfOMAZlBeJ-ePVyezgLCZO330Tg3qGLCvlgbxzUyrj_6qBkapSgNlKqCB3VMGFD_Al9TKvtu_eDGOQv0H9KcoybMFsPmzhAldQ4LdptqNpwA6HTHtrtHZI_VtaKywddpAQJMdguOnffNVYYfRS07JxPLMl-SDAGzN_CWVZSg-669ZHfngZpk07PDjx-MkxJi1h0JAjtm4Rjh1JnnSNKx222zOzbHElldZ09ts-GJ7iimZJ1XypbvwAkA0TcCZW8IiDeRD7OMb6ut_EPd1ex41aFZiNZCifjpK_TXDwDex8vAo3DItroc7SCY54MkqOWOGF5CdK8X2DKZGVdPh8VpgSGBNuutc_cbVtjcApc7DRtFKk7gBy7GUaMSRmjstFGsx2W4aeEHoJUklSaUzdTBeZE4Zc-JkvOl12VY6P0EJQVIDwEb3nL7uotRV9H1BYrqJMAU6dy7XSyA=w608-h809-no?authuser=0

@joostttbosman I am sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your print. I cannot access the picture you shared. In order to better understand what is going on it would help if you could share a picture of the failed print. 

Best regards,

Jos

19 hours ago, Josnoww said:

@joostttbosman I am sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your print. I cannot access the picture you shared. In order to better understand what is going on it would help if you could share a picture of the failed print. 

Best regards,

Jos

IMG_4472.jpg