random thick layers in CURA

jruiz3131
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted · random thick layers in CURA

Hey everyone, Not sure if this is something on my end but it seems as if the model i uploaded to cura has very strange layer issues. i uploaded all the information related to this specific print. once it is done printing i will show the outcome. If anyone has any recommendations id appreciate it.

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

CCR10SPRO_Squirtle.3mf squirtle bugged profile.curaprofile

• Solution
    Posted (edited) · random thick layers in CURA

Cura is doing what you are telling it to do.

The "Dynamic Quality" profile (and custom profiles based on it) have the "Use Adaptive Layers" setting enabled. That setting varies the layer height to get nice rounded geometry without "topography lines", while not taking too long on straight parts of the print. Read more about it here:

https://github.com/Ghostkeeper/SettingsGuide/blob/master/resources/articles/experimental/adaptive_layer_height_enabled.md

You can either pick another profile or turn off the Use Adaptive Layers option.

Edited by ahoeben