Open face getting filled in - Help Please

RobbyC
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Open face getting filled in - Help Please

Hello,

I am hoping that someone has a solution for me.  I am trying to print the following part on Cura 5.0.0.  The location of the red arrow is supposed to be open, however, it keeps filling this face in.  I tried using mesh tools to "fix model normals", but did not fix it.  I also confirmed that the "remove all holes" box was not checked.  This face is the first layer and is in contact with the buildplate if that is helpful info.  Uploaded the STL file that I am trying to print, as well as the 3mf and the gcode.  Let me know if any other info can be helpful - appreciate any assistance that can be offered.  

image.thumb.png.c909738a6796ec3a01ba474de2a85365.png

4 inch toothpick canopy-2 (1).STL CE3PRO_4 inch toothpick canopy-2 (1).3mf CE3PRO_4 inch toothpick canopy-2 (1).gcode

• Solution
    Posted · Open face getting filled in - Help Please

Go down to the Experimental section and turn off "Make Overhangs Printable".  It's a specialty setting and is handy when it's needed, but that isn't often.  (It adds chamfers to your model features so they don't require support.  That is often not what the user wants.)

Another one to watch out for is "Remove All Holes".  It is now linked to Spiralize Outer Contour" and if the link gets broken it will stay on when Spiralize is turned off and cause the same sort of behavior you are getting here.