Pointers on using Curaengine needed

burhop

Posted · Pointers on using Curaengine needed

Hi all,

I need some suggestions and help on using Curaengine.  

I want to use Curaengine for some backend and batch work.  I've got it built ok.  Poking around github, I've not found good documentation beyond what you can do from the command line.   Here are my questions:

1. I have my own front end.  I can call curaengine.exe from the command line but I suspect using it as a server is better since this is what cura does..  If so, where can I find information on calling curaengine running as a server?  Can I keep it running for each new file I want to slice?

2. I have 3MF files.  I see the command line wants STL.  Is there way to pass it 3MF?  If Cura does some pre-processing before sending the mesh to curaengine, I can do that too but an example or URL pointing to some code would be helpful (I have other applications using 3MF so I'm fine extracting the data).

3. I want to access the 2D polygons created in slicing for some special analysis.  I have no problem hacking the C++ curaengine code.  It would be great if someone out there already familiar with the code could point me to the right source files for a bit of hacking (it is just research 🙂 )

Thanks!