Sign in to follow this  
eberle

I need a new limit switch, but which to buy?

Posted · I need a new limit switch, but which to buy?

I need to replace a broken limit switch, but I am at a loss as to which one to purchase and from where.

After spending almost all of yesterday scouring the internet, I believe this is the correct switch. Can anyone confirm if it is?

http://www.robotshop.com/en/micro-switch-5a---250v.html

If this is the correct switch, can anyone recommend a seller? Shipping from "Robot Shop" is over five times the cost of just one switch.

Hi eberle

Welcome to Ultimaker forum.

What sort of printer do you have?

You can always contact Ultimaker and order a new limit switch ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

I have an Ultimaker Original, and my first thought was to order the limit switches pack from the Ultimaker store, but the cost with shipping is over $30 US.

If I could find a limit switch somewhere closer I'd be a happy man, since I could then put the savings on shipping towards buying more filament.

Thanks for replying!

Also, I am 99% positive this is the switch used in the Ultimaker 1.

_IGP1313-600x600.jpg

digikey is extremely cheap for orders of even just one. In the USA and since you mention dollars I assume you are in the USA.

I ordered from "robotshop.com" and after a week they came in the mail from China. Unfortunately, the holes for the bolts were too small. I managed to find some tiny nuts and bolts, so the printer is working, but i'm going to order replacements from digikey so they're correct.