Constructive / Hardware differences between print core AA and print core CC (Ultimaker or 3D Solex)

Posted (edited) · Constructive / Hardware differences between print core AA and print core CC (Ultimaker or 3D Solex)

Can anybody tell me if there are any constructive / hardware differences between the Ultimaker Printcore AA and CC besides the hardened nozzle (sorry, i'm not a native english speaker)? Maybe the CC printcore is all metal (no PTFE tube on the inside)?

How about the difference between the 3D Solex compatible models:

https://3dsolex.com/product/printcore-cc-0-4-everlast-ruby/

and 

https://3dsolex.com/product/printcore-s5-trix/

I will need to print in the near future some abrasive filaments and am currently researching my options, so any information is welcome

Edited by Yo-NuTZ
Reformulated for clarity

Posted · Constructive / Hardware differences between print core AA and print core CC (Ultimaker or 3D Solex)

@gr5 Could you please help with the question above? From your posts you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on 3D Solex products....  

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Constructive / Hardware differences between print core AA and print core CC (Ultimaker or 3D Solex)

I don't know what the difference is, but I am sure there is a difference between AA and CC cores because I tried to print everything using only a CC core. I found that some materials do not print well from the CC core, but print fine form an AA core. One example is TPU.

Thank you for your input, i expected PLA and TPU to be more problematic on the CC core

I would have kept it for special/engineering materials. I was curious if there were other modifications to it because i like to understand how stuff works and am a tinkerer.

Tried contacting 3dsolex through their contact form but got no response.