Thick seams - still cant get PIP prints to not fuse

jamorgan3777

Posted · Thick seams - still cant get PIP prints to not fuse

Hello all,

I have been digging deep into trying to get better seams on my Ender 3 V2 Neo using the latest Cura slicer.  I have tried everything I can think of and still get much thicker seams on the inside of the print.  I did a test cylinder and the wall thickness (double) of 0.80mm was spot on, but there is a "bead" on the seam that is almost 0.14mm! 

- Ive tried all the seam "hacks" of moving and spacing it differently, all that does is shift the problem around or spread it out across the whole part.

- Ive tried reducing the flow down to 80% and the walls get thinner and so does the seam, but proportionally.

- Ive set e-steps for my extuder and 100mm of filament requested produces exactly 100mm of filament to the nozzle.

- Ive check stringing (very little to none) and retraction through test prints and those look clean

Not sure what else to check.  The surface finish on my "solid" parts is great.  The seam is very evident though and when I try to print articulated items, they are always really bound up or totally fused together.  

Any help would be really appreciated.  

Thanks in Advance.