error message when i come to print with printrun

Posted · error message when i come to print with printrun

my ulti worked fine yesterday, i come to test some more printing today and i get the error below. nothing has changed on my computer. any pointers, its a new ultimaker ive only printed about 6 things off! i am using cura and marlin FW

Error:

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !

Error:Printer halted. kill() called !!

I thought cables too at first, everything seems snug and nicely cable tied, but I pushed everything home anyway. I had a panic thinking the mobo had given up already, then I remember windows doing an update in the time between a successful print and this error. I just reinstalled the cura and print run bundle again which put it back to working fine.

The message comes from your printer and has nothing to do with Cura or even Printrun. (It's firmware, AKA, Marlin)

However, I noticed something odd with Marlin that I never got around to investigate properly, it seems the first temperature measurement is way off. Maybe that's what triggered you min-temp.

The message comes from your printer and has nothing to do with Cura or even Printrun. (It's firmware, AKA, Marlin)

However, I noticed something odd with Marlin that I never got around to investigate properly, it seems the first temperature measurement is way off. Maybe that's what triggered you min-temp.

Ok my problem is back, for no apparent reason, printed off a few jobs all fine, left the computer on, no related software running, ultimaker turned off too, come to use , from a cold start and the same error is back. I would imagine installing the software package again will fix it, but I'd like to find the causes for obvious reasons.

You could have a lose connection in the temperature sensor, or even a bad solder in the PCB. Like I said, Cura, Skeinforge, ReplicatorG, PrintRun, all have nothing to do with the MINTEMP. MINTEMP is all handled in the firmware. The message might even be gone if you cold start your machine again now.

Aghhhhhh I can see this being frustrating. I gave all the wires a good check and a wiggle the first time it happened, but it didn't seem to immediately fix it. Same thing this time, a bit of wire wiggling, a few computer restarts and clean install of software. I skipped the firmware update , just to eliminate one thing. It's back up and running now. I will hok it upto another machine for a work out too, I have some strange programming tools and drivers on the one it's running from. A bad soldered joint is in my mind, or a misfiring pcb. I've no idea where I stand on that one with ultimaker, as regards returns and warranty. Anyway I'll keep eliminating possible causes as best I can. Thanks for the help.

Note, after the MINTEMP triggers there is no "fix" it throws the machine in an un-recoverable error state, you'll need to reset your machine to get out of the MINTEMP.

Note, after the MINTEMP triggers there is no "fix" it throws the machine in an un-recoverable error state, you'll need to reset your machine to get out of the MINTEMP.

Ok thanks that's very good to know, I had wondered what the reset was for. I think , before the error occurred, I had a poor starting print and I hit disconnect, while it was still running, ooooops. I don't think this will of helped.

The first time I got the error , I may well of done the samething, not 100% sure, but I think it was on the back of me cancelling a print.

I have the same problem. I have got replacements for all the parts... Motherboard, cables thermocouple etc and still got the same problem. I have found out that everything is ok as long as the TC is out of the heaterblock. The themp readings are what they should be. When I touch the heaterblock with the TC temp-reading falls, and Minthemp is triggered. I am going to have a Skype meeting with UM on monday, and I hope we will be able to sort it out. I ordered my Ultimaker in october, and still no printing.... :-(

Johan

I use the cura software, with the marlin firmware, my min temp issues are currently gone, It seemed to occur after I bailed out on a failed print and I used to just disconnect the printer. If I used reset on cura, this fixed all my min temp issues. I have no links to cura software, but I suggest you use it, once you have done a few prints, you will not look back. Good luck

I had a 1 hour 40minutes session with Siert at Ultimaker today. In the end, we found out that the problem was a shortsircuit were the steel tube is shrinked to the thermocouple wire. By cutting of the steel tube, removing the insulation at the ends and twisting them and then insulate witk Kapton tape, we solved the problem! Finally! It's 6 months since I ordered the Ultimaker!

Now I am happy calibrating, and only minutes from my first print!

Johan