Cura crashing on ASUS Ryzen machines at startup

damzil1991

Posted · Cura crashing on ASUS Ryzen machines at startup

I thought I'd come and share I hope a work around if your CURA is crashing at start up on ASUS Ryzen machines at start up of cura.

I decided to install Prusa slicer in hope I could get back to printing and I was hit with an error advising a DDL that gets injected by A-Volute installed in C:\ProgramData\A-Volute. 

This is the sonic pad software installed by ASUS and there drivers. What one I can't say without doing some research but I uninstalled and now Cura is working again

All i did was uninstall sonic pad 3 and then launch Cura without rebooting. This now seems to work!

Hoepfully this helps someone!

PC Spec:

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB

MSI Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb NVM - Main

WD Blue 1TB NVM

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...