Archived Print Settings

minuteman64

Posted · Archived Print Settings

I have a number of products that were printed using Cura 14.07.  Thinking I might want to print some of these again (breakage, slight modifications, etc.), I have saved the .ini profile files (with descriptive titles) along with the original STL drawings.

I'm now using Cura 3.2.1, which does not seem to recognize .ini files.  For now, I'm retaining V. 14.07  in case I want to modify/redo any of those old products.  Saving just the g-code doesn't seem a viable option since I can't even read nozzle size when I load a g-code file into my Cura 3.2.1. 

Any other option for old, pre-.3MF projects? 

It should still be possible to load the *.ini file as a profile using the "Import" function on the Profiles pane of the preferences. Remember though that Cura 14.07 is around 9 years old, so it is not so strange that support for it is fairly non-existent by now, and I don't think anyone has tested that import function with such old files for a good while now.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 2/6/2023 at 12:15 AM, ahoeben said:

It should still be possible to load the *.ini file as a profile using the "Import" function on the Profiles pane of the preferences. Remember though that Cura 14.07 is around 9 years old, so it is not so strange that support for it is fairly non-existent by now, and I don't think anyone has tested that import function with such old files for a good while now.

I was not able to make that work, probably for the reasons you stated.  In the meantime, I've figured out that 14.07 is so simple I can jot down the settings for a particular .ini file on a sticky note and easily re-copy them into the current version.

Problem solved, as long as I hold on to my 14.07 version.

• Like 1