Ultimaker 3Ss not recognizing color of PLA or PVA

sarabidd

Posted · Ultimaker 3Ss not recognizing color of PLA or PVA

When we slice in Cura, the color no longer matches the one we loaded into the printer. 

The machine is not recognizing the PLA, it's from Ultimaker. It doesn't recognize the natural PVA in Core 2 either. 

It sounds like you don't have a material station as you marked in your profile that you have the S3.  So I'm confused as to why color has any meaning.  If you had the material station then you want to make sure it selects the correct color.

I've never specified a color in Cura so I'm not sure what you are trying to do.  I know that you can specify a particular color filament but I never understood the use case for that.

So please be more clear.  Are you specifying these colors on the printer?  In cura?  Both?  Are you connected to the printer through network directly?  Or through digital factory?  Where exactly are you seeing the wrong color?  And why does it matter (I'm not criticizing - just trying to understand)?

usually, when I load the PLA the printer recognizes it and adjusts the color and type of material. This time, however it did not do that. So when I go to slice and print, the printer has yellow PLA as the material loaded, but that is not the case. 

So I haven't done this in maybe 4 years, but in Cura you can tell it about your printer.  Make sure that you are connected to your printer either directly or through digital factory.  I don't know exactly how that is done but that is the interface that communicates back to Cura what material to slice for.

It used to be, and probably is still true, that when you go to choose your material in the PREPARE screen you can choose something called "automatic".  That's what it used to be called.  It would automatically load the current material.  The printer needs to be turned on I believe and also connected to digital factory I believe.

Are you using Digital Factory?  Does Cura show that your printer is connected to DF?  Or are you using a direct connection?

Alternatively you can just choose the material in cura.  For people with multiple printers this process gets  more complicated (I believe).

I think the same is true for print cores.  I think you can set them to "automatic" (that's what it used to say I think 4 years ago) and that information will then be also loaded through DF.

Hey @sarabidd,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

Could it be that the NFC reader cable is disconnected? 

S-line-NFC-cable.jpeg

To help with troubleshooting, do you mind sharing:
    1. A screenshot of your Cura

2. A picture of your printer

For me that would look like this:
    image.thumb.png.3734331f8310d0842e69a11cdf5db7b3.png
    114944797_WhatsAppImage2023-02-14at11_31_45.thumb.jpeg.d5ecd52dfed0cea2352812b46f22a285.jpeg

• Like 1