I have "inside to outside" enabled in Cura but the print order its giving me is inside, outside, then inside. See pic. Anyone know why?

Jhawk6553
Go to solution Solved by MariMakes,

Posted (edited) · I have "inside to outside" enabled in Cura but the print order its giving me is inside, outside, then inside. See pic. Anyone know why?

Using Cura 5.2.1. Is it because the final middle wall is a smaller line width than the outer wall? Still doesn't make sense that the smaller inner wall line would overwrite "Inside to outside." Its adding a bunch of unnecessary travel moves and is ruining the outer wall quality on my lithophane when its trying to generate these inner most walls. 

Screenshot_20230218_103045.png

Edited by Jhawk6553

• Solution
    Posted · I have "inside to outside" enabled in Cura but the print order its giving me is inside, outside, then inside. See pic. Anyone know why?

Hey @Jhawk6553,

I also wasn't really sure what was happing in your print so I showed it to the team. 

They referred me to the description of the Wall Ordering Setting:

"Determines the order in which walls are printed. Printing outer walls earlier helps with dimensional accuracy, as faults from inner walls cannot propagate to the outside. However printing them later allows them to stack better when overhangs are printed. When there is an uneven amount of total innner walls, the 'center last line' is always printed last.",

What you are seeing, is the Center Last Line, which is always printed last. 

I think that it's an odd wall, so if it's heavily impacting your print quality you can try to change the Minimum Odd Wall Line Width. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...