Ultimaker S5 started making a chirping noise recently. Video attached

Jhawk6553

Posted · Ultimaker S5 started making a chirping noise recently. Video attached

The S5 is around 2.5 years old and has had a significant amount of use in that time. Parts are still coming out clean though. I'm assuming the stepper motors are on their last leg and possibly the bearings in the print head. What do you guys think?

S5 Noise.zip

Sounds like the creek of old belts, should replace all 4 long belts and the shorter loop belts (6 total)
    Not uncommon at all for UltiMakers with a lot of use in them.
    Does not generally impact print quality just introduces the creaking like sound.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dustin said:

Sounds like the creek of old belts, should replace all 4 long belts and the shorter loop belts (6 total)
    Not uncommon at all for UltiMakers with a lot of use in them.
    Does not generally impact print quality just introduces the creaking like sound.. 

Yeah no issues with print quality. I just ordered new belts and bearings for the print head assembly. Pretty sure they are on their last leg too because I can see dark grey/blackish residue on the rails. Also do you know where I can purchase a new z-axis rod? I havent found an site that sold them. FBRC8 sells everything except the z-axis lol

FBRC8 sells all your needs, just contact their support or sales team directly they can sell you missing items or tell you when they will have stock in most cases. Additionally sometimes they have alternate parts listed to match the needs.
    FBRC8 only sells OEM parts so alternate parts are official UltiMaker alternate parts.

Additionally most resellers should be able to help you order as well.

• Like 1

Is there a list of official UltiMaker retailers floating around somewhere? When I contacted UltiMaker support awhile ago, they sent me only sent me the website for FBRC8. Really appreciate the help and the reply!

You can find the full list of UltiMaker Resellers here: https://ultimaker.com/resellers/

Any of your local region reseller can help you track down the parts you need even if they don't have it in stock they can get it from UltiMaker for you. Always reach out to their sales teams directly if they don't list the part you need 😄

• Like 1