Can I change print settings during printing?

emonster2305

Posted · Can I change print settings during printing?

Hello, I am new to 3D printing and am currently familiarizing myself with Cura.

My question would be whether you can change the print settings or program the change during a print?

Reason: I would like to print name badges with raised lettering, the carrier plate can be printed quite "roughly" (e.g. layer thickness and line width 0.5 mm), but then a relatively filigree lettering should be printed where I would like to use a layer thickness of 0.2 mm or 0.2 mm .Wants to print line width. So the printer should, for example, print up to layer 10 with 0.5mm, then from layer 11 (when the carrier plate is finished and the writing begins) continue to print with 0.2mm.

Can this project be implemented with Cura?

It would save me an awful lot of time as I want to print a large number of name tags.

Thanks in advance for any idea how I can implement this.

You can change *some* settings at a certain height, but layerheight is not one of them.

See Extensions -> Post processing -> Modify G-code -> Add script -> Change at Z

More control is possible with the per model settings tool, but that one also will not let you change the layer height.

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667417981430

• Like 1

S3D slicer will let you do that because it has a crude ability to change settings at a given height.  Because Cura is much more sophisticated and lets you change settings by using an STL region (for example reduce infill inside this spherical shape) it can't change layer height because STL files don't necessarily completely start and stop on one layer.

You can't do that thing, but you can use adaptive layer height. You won't be able to control where the layer will be lower but theoretically it should be more precise where it's needed