MeshTools temporarily unavailable from the Marketplace due to an issue opening Cura

ahoeben
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted (edited) · MeshTools temporarily unavailable from the Marketplace due to an issue opening Cura

A new version of the MeshTools plugin (3.7.1) was published to the Marketplace last week. I was made aware of an issue launching Cura with this new version of the plugin installed. In order to prevent users from installing this version and from being unable to launch Cura, I have withdrawn the release from the Marketplace. Unfortunately this means that the plugin is currently entirely unavailable from the Marketplace, since I can not simply put back the previous release.

The problem is that the Cura 5.3 window does not open after the loading of the application is complete. Cura will continue to run, but no visible user interface shows. This does not happen on all launches; some users report Cura opening 30% of the time. Other users may see the issue more or less frequently. The problematic version of the plugin was extensively tested before release, not just by me but also by the UltiMaker Cura team. I am sorry this slipped through.

I am currently finding out what the problem with the new version of the plugin is. The problematic release was a fairly minor update. I hope to release a fixed version and restore the MeshTools plugin on the Marketplace soon.

If you installed the 3.7.1 release of the plugin, and you are affected by the issue, here are some things you can do.

Edit: MeshTools 3.7.2 has been released to the Marketplace. If you can still open Cura, you can update the MeshTools plugin via the Marketplace.

If you are unable to open Cura, the easiest thing to so is to first remove the plugin.

Locate the plugins folder in the Cura configuration folder:

Windows

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura Version>\plugins

or

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura Version>\plugins

Linux

~/.local/share/cura/<Cura Version>/plugins

Mac OS

~/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura Version>/plugins

To remove the plugin entirely, it emove the entire MeshTools folder.

You should now be able to run Cura again, and you can reinstall the 3.7.2 from the Marketplace dialog.

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · MeshTools temporarily unavailable from the Marketplace due to an issue opening Cura

I had the problem as well with the version 3.7.1 installed. This new dev. version solves my start problems I recognized today. Thanks for the quick update (and your post that made me able to find the issue of my problem as well).

👍

• Heart 1

Posted · MeshTools temporarily unavailable from the Marketplace due to an issue opening Cura

Hi @ahoeben,

I downloaded the DEV version and could confirm that its working as expectedly. Thank you for the pushing the changes so quickly. Here is the screenshot.

image.thumb.png.7d116982d20936ce1b408aea9f05203a.png

image.thumb.png.66430d8d42f45f755bbc0b1877f43f5e.png

• Heart 1

Thanks for checking. I have submitted version 3.7.2 to the Marketplace. It may take some time before it is available.

• Like 2

• Solution

MeshTools 3.7.2 is now available in the Marketplace, fixing the issue opening the Cura window.

Thanks @nallath for a speedy review and testing of this new version!

• Like 3