Cura 4.01 anomaly

amont

Posted · Cura 4.01 anomaly

I have just downloaded Cura 4.01 and while watching the first few layers of a print realized a curious anomaly while it was crosshatching.

On one side of what is basically a symmetrical print the crosshatching was as normal with alternating 45 degree layers on the other side the layers were almost in line with the Y axis and did not alternate. I noticed this repeated some layers higher in the same print.

Going back and reviewing the print in Cura 'layers' mode confirmed this. See attached screen grab.

Curapic

I assume this should not be happening. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is typical. In order for the pattern to repeat on each layer despite every layer possibly moving a bit each time, I believe Cura's infill pattern is anchored to the 0,0 point on the printer. So if you move a part a little bit, the pattern inside will be different.

Anyway, you can always increase your infill - you have it pretty low - looks like 5 or 10%. Try 20% if you want more infill. I don't recommend going over 24% though. If you want strength, increasing shell is usually better than increasing infill.

I see a layer that has a different then 45deg angle infill, I think you mean that? It's most likely an incorrectly detected bridge. Which happens sometimes.

Apart from the unusual angle (and that it was doing on one side and not the other) which I have never seen before, it was the fact that each layer was being laid in the same direction without any crosshatching, which I thought might lead to delamination, but this does not seem to have happened.

I don't think it can be trying to bridge as this was building up the bottom surface.