Unable to add profile

pppman006
Go to solution Solved by gr5,

Posted (edited) · Unable to add profile

Hello, 

I have been trying to import a profile into Cura 4.11.0. But every time I try to import the profile I get the same error. "Unable to add the profile". My co-worker uses the same cura version and he exported the profile for multiple people to use. Is there a solution to my problem?

problem.png

Edited by pppman006
forgot ?

• Solution
    Posted · Unable to add profile

I don't know the answer but every need to save and load profiles can be solved by saving and loading projects so I recommend you try that.  At least for a workaround and possibly for a permanent solution.  I stopped using profiles and started using projects years ago and I am so happy I did.

Have the other person go to "file" "save profile as" and save the profile and then have them send you the result.  Load that file up in your version of cura and you are all set.

This will save printer customizations in addition to the profile, and settings changes from the profile, filament customizations and also if there is a part loaded it will save the part or parts, the orientation, position, and scaling.  And much more.  Basically everything is saved.

I don't know why but in my experience project files are more dependable and less buggy than profiles.

You do need to have the same or newer version of Cura but you already took care of that issue.

Everytime I save a gcode file (or ufp etc) I also save the project file.  Every time.  there is a 1 to 1 relationship. So then days, months, years later I can load up the project file and see exactly what every setting was and I can look at the model and so on.  So when I slice something new I usually pick a project file to start with.

• Like 1