PLA accumulating in the nozzle and not printing

Posted · PLA accumulating in the nozzle and not printing

I was printing a small model for trial with the ultimaker connect 2+ but the printer the PLA stays accumulated in the nozzle and does not print. I am attaching a video for reference n the zip file. Does anyone know how to fix this?

IMG_2922.zip

You shouldn't need adhesive sheets for PLA.  Instead you can use gluestick on glass.  Your glass looks foggy so either it has gluestick spread with wet tissue or it's incredibly dusty maybe?

Assuming you did the gluestick then it's probably a leveling issue - Try leveling again and as it starts to print if it still does this in the first few seconds then push up and/or down on the bed to see if that improves things and if it does then start spinning the 3 level adjustments the same amount to move the bed appropriately.

Also - are you sure this is PLA as you do need adhesion sheets for certain materials like PP.

GLUE everytime. No glue  with the glass build plate is a bad idea. All ultimakers less the S7 need glue for adhesion. I hardly even clean the plate just add more glue and start printing again. The print cores also have to be cleaned using a hard pull sometimes to make sure the unit is extruding nicely, otherwise I've seen the filament get bunched up at the tip even with glue on the plate