SUPPORT MATERIAL: BREAKAWAY

EPALMI
Go to solution Solved by EPALMI,

Posted · SUPPORT MATERIAL: BREAKAWAY

Dear all,

We switched from PVA support material to Breakaway Ultimaker material and we are pretty happy with the new results.

On the other hand, we are observing some uncoiled filament over a vertical line in the construction.... (see images enclosed).

We suspect it is due to melted material dragged while changing between layers, ... but I don't know which parameters I have to refine in CURA to solve the problem.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best regards,

E.

image.thumb.jpeg.6914869d6c6a3e0ce13c593ebd61a8a2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2e0d190b0f4a44c7a3ad82da86a23f1c.jpeg

Hi,

If you don't have the prime tower activated, you could give it a try. It's meant exactly for this purpose.

On the other hand, if only the support structure is affected, you just could leave it at it is and live with it...

Regards

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @EPALMI! I am facing similar problems with my model! I changed speed, layer thickness and others but to no success! Everytime I try to print, the PVA supports go all over the place. Have you solved the issue?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Hello @gr5! Thank you for your answer. Here's the picture. I think you are right: reading the suggestions on other threads I tried to heat and move the PVA down and it did some popping sounds, showing that it might indeed have damp issues. What do you suggest to do at this point to dry it out?

Thank you.

IMG_20230705_152410_4.jpg

Sorry for the huge delay in replies.  If I don't reply feel free to send me a DM with a link to the topic.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi, Mcvange,

We abandoned using PVA as material per supports and moved to BREAK AWAY material manufactured by ULTIMAKER.

with BREAKAWAY support material we are getting much better results see the picture (even with a thick mesh) & avoiding problems like head extruder jams and poping noises.

Thanks,

I hope to help you with our advice

On 7/5/2023 at 12:22 PM, mcvange said:

Hello @EPALMI! I am facing similar problems with my model! I changed speed, layer thickness and others but to no success! Everytime I try to print, the PVA supports go all over the place. Have you solved the issue?

Thank you 🙂

Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-07-12 a las 07.57.04.jpg

• Like 1

I love breakaway but sometimes the part shape doesn't allow for it.

• Like 1