Variables in Cura

Denethor

Posted · Variables in Cura

Hi, what are the variables in Cura Slicer that can be used and where can I find the list?

Is it possible to modify a profile by telling the slicer, for example, that for the temperature of the first layer use the variable "material temperature" + 10°C?

Thanks

Posted (edited) · Variables in Cura

Thank you very much for the replies, I finally have the list of variables but I can't insert them in the profile directly from the Cura menu because, as in the example of the temperature, the first layer expects me to insert a number... how can I do it?  do i have to go and edit the profile files directly?  which file specifically?

Thank you

Edited by Denethor

Posted (edited) · Variables in Cura
    1 hour ago, Denethor said:

I can't insert them in the profile directly from the Cura menu

Correct, you need to manually edit .ini files to do that.

In the configuration folder (Help -> Show configuration folder), navigate to the "user" folder. There should be one .inst.cfg for each printer, and one for each extruder. Edit the one for the extruder. If you want to enter a formula instead of a normal value, be sure to add an extra "=".

material_print_temperature_layer_0 = =material_print_temperature + 10

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1