Print core nozzle replacement

kjmsnpi

Posted · Print core nozzle replacement

Hi,

I wonder if I could replace print core nozzle because the nozzle is clogged with scorch that cannot be removed.

Is it possible to replace the nozzle with a generic nozzle like this link.

https://www.amazon.com/4-Pack-Printer-Ultimaker-Extended-Ultimaker3/dp/B07Y1SLDQM

I wish I had the right nozzle for PVA, but in the first palce, what is the difference between AA core and BB core?

Best regards,

Shimpei

Hello,

The difference between AA and BB cores is the internal nozzle geometry, there's some more detailed explanation (and a video on how to swap nozzles) here: Difference between AA 0.4 and BB 0.4 nozzle - UltiMaker 3D printers - UltiMaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

The only replacement nozzles I'm aware of are from Microswiss: Micro Swiss Brass Plated Wear Resistant Nozzle for Ultimaker 3 / Ultim — Micro Swiss Online Store (micro-swiss.com)

I did swap a few nozzles, once you're used to it, its no big deal, but be aware of the risks of cracking the thin heatbreak or having a leaking core because it wasn't tightened up enough. 

So far I didn't come across an uncleanably clogged BB core, with enough temperature and patience I could resolve all of my clogs up to now.

Thanks for your reply, glx.

Microswiss core nozzle can be used as BB core?

When the print core is stacked, I usually remove nozzle and clean it up with heatgun.

Those ones that you linked to should work.  They're from a 3rd party seller in china I think.

These are not UM approved nozzles and may not be quite as good - for example it actually matters how smooth the bore of the nozzle is - how rough the tool marks are.  Here's an old video I made on how to take apart your UM core:

Also if you buy a print core from 3dsolex.com then it's easy to change nozzles - they are designed to be changed from one print to the next.