Material can't be used with material station

AD5CDA

Posted · Material can't be used with material station

Well this is irritating, I ordered some BASF Black Ultrafuse PC / ABS FR (Flame Resistant) Filament for my S5 Pro Bundle and unwrapped it with excitement looking forward to giving it a go!  Unfortunately, it appears I failed to notice that although it is compatible with the S5, it is not compatible with the material station or optimized for the air handler 😕 You're telling me if I only had the S5 I could use this material, but since I splurged for the Pro Bundle I can't?!  That doesn't seem right.  Does anyone know if they are working on this?  Can I somehow mount the spool on the back and bypass the Material Station so I can use it?  Thanks in advance for any guidance.

You cant use the back mounted spool holders when using the material station unless you unplug the material station.
    By passing the material station is not supported by the firmware.

Also the reason the material is not compatible is likely due to how stiff it is and that causes it to jam in the internal pathways of the material station.

HOWEVER.. It might be worth reaching out to the filament manufacture and asking them to verify if it works with material station or not. 
    UltiMaker does not make the profiles, the manufactures do it could be possible that they just forgot to set it to be compatible with the material station.. 
    It would be worth asking them 🙂

Thanks for the reply, Dustin.

That makes sense, but I wish there was a way to by-pass the material station...firmware update?  I think there are multiple materials that this issue applies to.  I will reach out to the manufacturer 🤞

Conclusion, I talked to the nice folks at BASF and the material is now compatible with the Material Station and Air Handler.  The profile I downloaded said no, but they provided a link to a profile that was, so I am off and running!

• Like 2

Great to hear!