Is there something I am missing?

Turtlestein

Posted (edited) · Is there something I am missing?

Hello, sorry if there is an obvious answer. I am attempting to print two models stacked on top of each other. But when ever I bring in the second model It doesn't get included when I hit slice. It is just greyed out even though it builds a tree support. It there something I need to do to models that I bring in with the original model to make it part of it?

Attached is my project. I am trying to put the hat on the letter I. The hat slices fine when opened by itself.

Thanks for the help

Wizard project v2.3mf

Edited by Turtlestein

Posted · Is there something I am missing?

It's hard to tell without the individual models, but the hat looks hollow. Cura is not a huge fan of that. If I go to Mesh Fixes > Remove All Holes, it closes the hat up at the bottom and prints the cone part, but not the brim. Try adding some poly/s that go around the circumference of the brim to close up the inside of the model entirely.

Posted · Is there something I am missing?

Hi @Turtlestein,

Welcome in here.

The hat is not joined to the I and it is also leaky (not watertight).

Your project can only be opened as a project, I.E with your printer.

But if you select "surface mode" it will be opened with other printers!

If you use Cura 14.13.1 and make some more selections in the "Mesh Settings" as here, you will see the most of your hat.

Wizzard_project_v2.thumb.jpg.6cfcaa496113b0aa8fdf76d01a7510f8.jpg

The "funny" thing is that, at some other settings you can see the missing part of your hat but not this part grayed out.

Thanks

Torgeir