Problems with the Ultimaker s3 Material

UltiJD12
Go to solution Solved by gr5,

Posted · Problems with the Ultimaker s3 Material

Hi,

I have got two Ultimaker s3. 

Ich have got the Problem, that the material sensor says the material ist empty. After 5h of printing. Material PLA

Ich have checked:

Material isn't empty. 

Material ok. 

Material way to the printcore is good. 

Printcore is good. 

If I disable the flow sensor, the feeder block the material and I aboard the print. 

The feeder is clean and the tension ist ok.

I think the speed of 70mm/s and a layer of 0,28mm doesn't work. In think the retract speed is to high, so the feeder block/mill the material. 

Have you any ideas?

Thanks

• Solution
    Posted · Problems with the Ultimaker s3 Material

Did you change the printing speed or layer height?  If you increase the layer height you should probably decrease the printing speed by the same amount.

I doubt the retraction speed is the issue.  You can probably go to infinite speed and the printer firmware should limit the speed to a safe amount.

There may be too many retractions.  Are you printing something with hundreds of small islands on the layer that fails?

More likely you increased the layer height without slowing down the speeds.

Type "speed" in the settings search bar and it will show you the 7 or so printing speeds.  I prefer to print with the same speed for infill, inner, outer shell, top and bottom.  So I would put the speeds back to default, then lower the fastest speed (usually infill) by 33% (assuming you increased layer height by about 33%: 0.2 to 0.28mm).  Make sure all the speeds are below that speed.  You don't have to lower all the speeds, just the ones over that limit (the limit of fastest speed X 0.2 / 0.28). 

Or set all the speeds to your current outer shell speed (and also make sure they are all below that stated speed limit I mentioned).