how do i fix this? when drawing a wall, it creates distortion by leaving a gap between the starting point and the end point.

nmww

Posted · how do i fix this? when drawing a wall, it creates distortion by leaving a gap between the starting point and the end point.

I used many different settings on the cura but I could not find a solution. it leaves a gap at a certain distance. Like 8mm-10mm. it doesn't make a difference when I change the starting point. i'm using hide the stitch mark now. if anyone has a solution to this problem please help. thank you.
sample photo is attached.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Posted · how do i fix this? when drawing a wall, it creates distortion by leaving a gap between the starting point and the end point.

It's always helpful if you can include the Cura project file (.3mf) so we can see your settings.

You'll probably really want to wait for @GregValiant to come here and correct me, and given the curvature of the whole thing it's hard for me to guesstimate whether it's being affected by the horizontal or top/bottom options. My suggestions would be changing these settings:

• Top/Bottom > Skin Removal Width: Set it to 0. This setting makes Cura not print top/bottom skin where there's a small gap between vertical walls, and if it's generating infill then that will look a lot rougher than skin. Setting it to 0 ensures it will generate skin everywhere.
    • Walls > Wall Thickness: Admittedly this is the brute force option. Set it to the thickness of whatever the the the thickest section is and it will do all walls there, not rough infill. Note: this will probably increase your print time and material usage by a lot.