Error OpenGL 2.0 or higher!!!!

Nivio3d

Posted · Error OpenGL 2.0 or higher!!!!
I've been trying to solve this problem for two weeks and I can't. I've already installed several versions of openGL and it doesn't help. Until two weeks ago I was using the most current version of Ultimate Cura and had no problems. I had to format the PC and now I can no longer use Cura. Could someone help me? The prusaSlicer is working perfectly, but I don't want to change slicers.

OpenGl2.0.png

Posted · Error OpenGL 2.0 or higher!!!!

Installing OpenGL separately shouldn't make a difference because IIRC Cura bundles its own copy of the OpenGL libraries. Unless you have an ancient computer which doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 (released 2004) the problem is almost certainly your graphics card drivers.

I usually give these instructions to my friends having problems with games, but same thing applies here:

1. Download the latest version of the graphics drivers from your manufacturer (since you haven't provided specs, I can't tell you exactly where to go)
    2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller
    3. Disconnect from the internet. Pull your ethernet cable, turn off WiFi, whatever applies in your situation
    4. Reboot
    5. Run Display Driver Uninstaller and let it do its thing
    6. Reboot
    7. Run the installer for your graphics drivers
    8. Reboot (last time, I swears)
    9. You should now have a shiny new graphics driver installation. You can reconnect to the internet now. See if it's fixed the problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies