Extruder skipping on infill printing

ejbommer

Posted · Extruder skipping on infill printing

I have an ender 7, printing Overture PRTG.  My issue is during the infill print I can hear my extruder is skipping.  I have tried to lower the infill print speed setting significantly, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.  When printing wall and such, I hear no skipping even though I have print speeds around 70 mm/S

I have Klipper installed and on the status display I see print speeds up to 100 mm/S when the setting of infill is 25mm/S.  I also watch the gCode viewer and it seems to match 100% during the infill printing I can hear the clicks.

Any suggestion on how to lower the infill speed are greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

Looking at the gcode, it is set to do extrusion moves at 25mm/s in infill, but it's doing travel moves at 150mm/s, if that helps. Not really familiar with the printer or material, but it's possible it's too fast for that.

It's doing travel moves at the same speed everywhere else, but there's a lot more travel moves in the middle of infill sections than the others. It could also be something to do with the extruder, because it's retracting for all these travel moves (and it's doing a lot more in infill).

Thanks for the explanation.  I see the travel speed is set to 250 mm/S.  Ill try to slow that way down and see what happens(Maybe 80mm/S) and try to find a better value.  Curious what command are you looking at to get this information.  Thanks again for the advice.

Think I figured it out, my thermistor is reading low.  I tried serval speed settings today and only seen minor improvement.  So I finally pulled my fans off and stuck a thermal couple onto the nozzle and set the temperature to 245 Deg C.  The nozzle seems like the hottest point and I am reading about 30 Deg C low.  So I need to verify I am running the correct temperature curve.  I converted to Klipper a few months ago.  I keep thinking it used to perform better, but I don't trust mt memory like I used too:)

Also figured out how you got the speed values.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ejbommer said:

I converted to Klipper a few months ago.  I keep thinking it used to perform better, but I don't trust mt memory like I used too:)

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

100% correct, but I cant help myself.  Damaged DNA I guess.  

On 12/2/2023 at 1:12 PM, ejbommer said:

Curious what command are you looking at to get this information.  Thanks again for the advice.

Your setting are all listed at the end of the G-code 

9 hours ago, obewan said:

Your setting are all listed at the end of the G-code 

Oh, I didn't even need to look at that. You just need to look at the g-code and for print (G1, but only if it has an X or Y movement and just not controlling the extruder with E) and travel (G0) moves and divide the F (feed rate) parameter by 60 (since Marlin - in this place but not all of them, annoyingly - uses mm/minute for these speeds).