ultimaker S5 petg red

wingman123

Posted · ultimaker S5 petg red

goof afternoon Ultimaker users 

in the past two weeks I am trying to have the best results with my Ultimaker S5. I am using the filament red petg 2.85mm and during my proces I have seen some problems. YouTube already did helped me out. 

in the beginning I used the core print 1 AA0.4mm and core print 2 BB0.8mm, after printing a little piece of my waterproof box. the core print was to thin so I switched to the core print 2 BB0.8mm. I already called a company that tells me that that can be the problem because normally they use the BB core print as the support layer of your 3D prints, but that is the solution I have tried. I don't have a core print AA0.8mm, but I am going to buy one so I hope the problems will be fixed. 

I share my story with you, so you guys can help me out. maybe there is a better core print to use with the filament petg on the UltiMaker S5 or some better instructions on the cura app. 

I would like to share some pictures with you, you will see that the print is for 80 procent perfectly printed. only 20 procent of the print is not how I want it. 

friendly greets 

from Belgium 

Sebastiaan

Posted (edited) · ultimaker S5 petg red

Beetje raar dat je in het Nederlandstalige forum een Engels bericht post, maar goed 😄

Eerst en vooral: de BB-core is enkel bedoeld voor PVA, dus het is niet zo verrassend dat je daar geen goede resultaten mee krijgt. De AA cores zijn perfect geschikt voor PETG.

Normaal gezien geeft Cura ook een waarschuwing als je PETG met de BB-core probeert te gebruiken; het is me ook niet duidelijk waarom je dit probeert.

image.thumb.png.75aa2af1b226120ce69c5854133f0b10.png

Eigenlijk beschrijf je nergens wat het probleem is, en er staan ook geen foto's bij.  "I have seen some problems" en "the core print was to thin" zijn geen voldoende concrete beschrijvingen om je verder te helpen.

Als je even concreet beschrijft wat het probleem is, liefst begeleid door foto's én door de Cura Project file (in Cura op File -> Save Project klikken en het .3mf bestand bijvoegen) zal je ongetwijfeld meer concrete hulp krijgen.

image.png.e9593882bcad1afeece9877358b4d65c.png

Edited by alfonsvh