Ultimaker S5 Build plate Auto Leveling issue

SparkytheProto

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Build plate Auto Leveling issue

I cannot understand why it is working so bad. I get constantly an error that a difference between the print cores exceed expected value even if I print with one core. (why?) 

I have disabled the automated leveling with Ultituner.

Hi Viktor, I was wondering if disabling the auto leveling feature on your S5 is working or has it caused other issues?

My S5 is having the same issue.

Thanks 

Dan

IMG_6123.jpeg

On 12/12/2023 at 10:00 AM, viktor_b said:

I cannot understand why it is working so bad. I get constantly an error that a difference between the print cores exceed expected value even if I print with one core. (why?) 

I have disabled the automated leveling with Ultituner.

The printer always uses both nozzles for the bed level measurements. 

The first probe is done with  the right nozzle, and then the printer probes with the left nozzle. The printer then checks if there is ~1.5mm height difference between them. 
    If you always get the “exceed expected value” error, please look closely to what happens and compare it to what I just described you. Especially watch closely if nozzle switching works correctly.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:48 PM, SparkytheProto said:

My S5 won't print anything because the build plate never moves high enough to the nozzles, even after manual leveling. Help?

Create a support ticket on the Ultimaker website. 

I have the exact same issue since a few weeks, thought I fixed it by replacing the spring and the lifter ring, but the issue is back again.

I would highly advise checking all steps in this article 
    here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667410781005

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker S5 Build plate Auto Leveling issue
    On 12/18/2023 at 5:11 PM, Dustin said:

I would highly advise checking all steps in this article 
    here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667410781005

Done that, but problem remains. We've ordered a new print head, since we cannot afford to lose time trying new things to solve it.

Cleaning print cores did not work

Switching print cores did not work

Replacing lifting ring and spring did not work (the spring went through the lifting ring a few times recently)

Cleaning build plate and manual leveling did not work

Point of attention is that we did have a clogged nozzle recently which caused a material flood. It was a small print, so it was possible to remove the bulked material after heating the core. No optical damage was present to the print head after and the printer has completed quite some prints after.

Edited by DDoove

On 12/17/2023 at 10:24 PM, tomnagel said:

The printer always uses both nozzles for the bed level measurements. 

The first probe is done with  the right nozzle, and then the printer probes with the left nozzle. The printer then checks if there is ~1.5mm height difference between them. 
    If you always get the “exceed expected value” error, please look closely to what happens and compare it to what I just described you. Especially watch closely if nozzle switching works correctly.

To me it is not clear why it measuring with both nozzles even if the print would be done with one only. 

On 12/16/2023 at 2:06 PM, Pena said:

Hi Viktor, I was wondering if disabling the auto leveling feature on your S5 is working or has it caused other issues?

My S5 is having the same issue.

Thanks 

Dan

IMG_6123.jpeg

After disabling of autoleveling and manual calibration everything is working fine.