Cura stuck in a loop of not responding

Gatekey56
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Cura stuck in a loop of not responding

The day before yesterday my Cura worked fine, no issue now for some reason it just won't boot up fully. Note it is not crashing, or anything it simply gets stuck in a loop of "Not responding"  I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Cura, and different versions, no matter what i try it simply won't boot to full. any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it?  I know its not my hardware  ( I7 11th gen, 3070ti, 64gb ram)   so I am at a loss.

cura.log

• Solution

There's nothing in the log about crashing, which makes things a lot harder to diagnose.

Have you tried resetting the configuration? That persists through uninstalls. Go to %APPDATA% and there should be a folder called cura. Just rename it (in case this works so we can recover what we can) to cura_backup (or anything really) and next time Cura starts it'll create its configuration folder like new, and if that loads we can start copying stuff from the backup to the main folder so you lose as few settings as possible.

1 hour ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

There's nothing in the log about crashing, which makes things a lot harder to diagnose.

Have you tried resetting the configuration? That persists through uninstalls. Go to %APPDATA% and there should be a folder called cura. Just rename it (in case this works so we can recover what we can) to cura_backup (or anything really) and next time Cura starts it'll create its configuration folder like new, and if that loads we can start copying stuff from the backup to the main folder so you lose as few settings as possible.

This did it, could you by chance walk me through how i transfer back my custom print profiles?