I NEED help ?!!!

vwharr1s

Posted · I NEED help ?!!!

guys i really could do with some help 

After my last post and you guys being so helpful in resolving a problem with my prints Im here again.

I used to have  Cura 4.6. and had it dialled in and was getting good consistent prints from my modded ender 3 pro.

i had some problems with my mac which led to it being reformatted and i lost Cura ( completely overlooked this and boy do i regret it)

anyway id dint think it would be a problem as i could just download the older version which i was running. Well that didn't work ! ! ! ! 

I ended up up with the latest version and now my prints are well not great... thing is once id got the old version sorted id rarely  touch it as there was no need to and it was such a long time ago since i set it all up and dialled it in im not sure where to start as I've forgotten all that id learnt before. ( yes i should of made notes ) anyway im reply hopping that some of you guys can help ill attach some pictures for you all to see the difference between old and new.. 👍

thanks in advance 

Mark.

21 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Don't make us wait for the pictures. I can't handle the anticipation!

(Also, if you have any Cura .3mf project files or even some sliced gcode from the old version left, that could help)

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3080.jpeg

IMG_3081.jpeg

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3083.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

Here’s some pics I know there not the same part the clamp style part was one of the last I printed before I had the trouble with my Mac the part with HT on it is the only part I e tried after slicing with the newest cura 

You can re-install the older versions from HERE.  I would recommend 4.13.1.  Find the version you want and click on the "Assets" button to unhide the installation download links.  All the Cura versions can co-exist so you don't have to un-install one to load another.

5.6.0 has some issues with slicing and supports but I really don't see any difference in my prints.

It's very difficult to troubleshoot from photos.  As Slashee mentioned a project file is much preferred.

You didn't mention what printer you have.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GregValiant said:

You can re-install the older versions from HERE.  I would recommend 4.13.1.  Find the version you want and click on the "Assets" button to unhide the installation download links.  All the Cura versions can co-exist so you don't have to un-install one to load another.

5.6.0 has some issues with slicing and supports but I really don't see any difference in my prints.

It's very difficult to troubleshoot from photos.  As Slashee mentioned a project file is much preferred.

You didn't mention what printer you have.

Thanks for the reply👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Ive tried to download and install the older version but that hasn’t been successful as I have a Mac it won’t let me 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼 I can upload some files if I can figure that out last time I failed miserably 😂😂😂

and I have a (please don’t judge) ender 3 pro with quite a few upgrades it has the BLV kit  dual z kit CR touch  direct drive  upgraded hot end and it’s running cheetah 5.0 marlin firmware 

IMG_0106.jpeg

5 hours ago, vwharr1s said:

I have a (please don’t judge) ender 3 pro with quite a few upgrades it has the BLV kit  dual z kit CR touch  direct drive  upgraded hot end

I'm not going to judge your machine. I am going to suggest to find a wider room though 🙂. I'm no expert at Macs but you can't just drag programs to the trash and then drag new ones (or in this case older ones) into the Applications folder? On Windows and Linux you can have as many different versions as you want installed side by side (well on Linux you don't even install them, just run the AppImage, although some distros do have binary builds available in their repos). I'm not sure if the same applies to Macs.

• Like 1

I’ll take a pic from the other end of the room  and you’ll see it’s not as bad as it looks 😂😂😂 

and yes it’s usually that easy with a Mac  but for whatever reason I can’t get it to load. I’ll look again too see if there’s a way to force it to load 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻