Layer Problem

Go to solution Solved by Nils_007,

Posted (edited) · Layer Problem

Hello, 

I have a problem with my Ultimaker 2.

i don’t know what the problem is I hope someone knows the solution. 

IMG_4879.jpeg

IMG_4878.jpeg

IMG_4877.jpeg

Edited by Nils_007
Mistake

Posted · Layer Problem

You will want to explain what your problem appears to be..
    Because those pictures range from no problems at all to big problems.. pending what filament was used and what the expected outcomes were.

Posted · Layer Problem

It would also be helpful to know the details of your machine does it have the original UM2 black filament feeder, what is the extruder print head - the original 0.4mm or a more modern interchangeable nozzle 

what material are you printing with ?

Posted · Layer Problem

I am printing Pla on the original 0.4 mm. The filament feeder is a other, I think it is not the original. The problem is also new. The surface is verry bad it should be smooth. The extrusion rate 100%

Posted · Layer Problem

There is a problem with the materiel getting to the hot end could be caused by many different problems, below in order I would check:-

1. inside the feeder check that the pulley(s) are clean and remove any debris
    2. at  the hot end do a cold pull to clean the inside of the nozzle - that is manually heat the nozzle to a high temp say 220 degrees and move the filament to see it flowing, then the let it cool to about 95 degrees and manually pull the material out of the nozzle and inspect the removed filament
    3. check the sate of the Teflon coupler above the nozzle, the internal hole should be round - you will need to disassemble the whole print head to access this
    4. check the bowden tube lets the filament move smoothly through it

good luck

maybe you could post a picture of the filament feeder at the back it could help knowing which one you have a black one (oigional on UM2) or a white one more modern

Posted · Layer Problem

This is my filament feeder 

IMG_4917.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

I found metal pices on the filament. And this is the part I should check ?

IMG_4919.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

uhm.. that fan on the back of the printhead is installed wrong.. it should be facing the other direction.. pushing air thru the head not pulling it out.. 

That might be part of your root cause of your issue. 

• Like 1

Posted · Layer Problem

I did what you said but now its not working. It now shows this IMG_4928.thumb.jpeg.8997f150a88ce207648616cd36cef389.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

And that looks like one of the leads on your heater or the sensor next to it is damaged

Article: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667411133313

• Solution
    Posted · Layer Problem

Today I disesambeld the printer I have the cabel but i don’t have the end of it it Looks like this. Is this the right one?

IMG_4931.jpeg

Posted · Layer Problem

The sensor was black and the metal endcap came of.