trokuble with cura 3.6 and cura 5.x

Virgus
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · trokuble with cura 3.6 and cura 5.x
Good evening everyone, I need some help, I have been using cura 3.5 for a long time and I feel great. I recently bought another computer and I noticed that Cura didn't save the file and closed. I tried version 3.6 and now it saves the file, however, it continues to close on its own after a save. Do you know why it does this and how I could fix it?

I also tried more recent versions, like 5, but with this one I have another problem, it doesn't let me import the print profiles because it says that the draft is not supported and I have to change the material-nozzle settings or something similar. Can anyone help me? Thank you

*/me sighs* They really need to disable being able to paste rich text into a post. We can read your message fine if you use the same text size as everyone else. Please just type in the text box on the web page.

As for your problems: Cura 3.5 and 3.6 are over five years old. They've been out of official support for years, and them working on current versions of operating systems is in no way guaranteed. If you run Windows, you could try running it in compatibility mode, but there's no guarantee that'll change anything.

As for importing your print profiles: we'd need a bunch more information. For starters, what is the specific error you're getting? What printer are you using? Was its definition included in 3.5 and 3.6 or did you have to add it yourself (and if so, is it included in the 5.x series)? If you could post the profiles (they're in the quality_changes subfolder in the Cura configuration folder) that might help.

45 minutes ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

@Slashee_the_Cow 

ty for your answer: So,I apologize for the size of the text, and for fear of not being understood by you I used the Google translator (I'm Italian) but I can't make the text smaller. I'll try to write directly here

1) importing print profiles; given that on cura 3.6 I can import them without problems and they work, with another versions, for example 5.5.0 it gives me the following error: "PETG profile MY GOOD, imported correctly.
    Warning: The profile is not visible because the draft quality type is not available for the current configuration. Navigate to the material/nozzle combination that allows you to use this
    kind of quality."

2) Printer Creality ender 3, it was already present in previous versions, and was also already included in version 5.0

3) you can see the available profiles in the attached photo.

At the end of everything, the profiles are imported, but it doesn't let me see them and consequently I can't use them. damn!

screen errore cura 5.0.jpg

• Solution
    24 minutes ago, Virgus said:

@Slashee_the_Cow 

ty for your answer: So,I apologize for the size of the text, and for fear of not being understood by you I used the Google translator (I'm Italian) but I can't make the text smaller. I'll try to write directly here

Ah. Okay. FWIW, you can right click and choose "Paste in Plain Text" is most browsers these days.

On the preview screen, in the top middle, where it has the material and nozzle size, try changing the nozzle size and see if any of the profiles become available. I'm not familiar with Cura versions that old myself (just newer, and older than that) so I don't know if it would have stored it in a way which isn't compatible with new versions 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Ah. Okay. FWIW, you can right click and choose "Paste in Plain Text" is most browsers these days.

On the preview screen, in the top middle, where it has the material and nozzle size, try changing the nozzle size and see if any of the profiles become available. I'm not familiar with Cura versions that old myself (just newer, and older than that) so I don't know if it would have stored it in a way which isn't compatible with new versions 

ok now it works, I had to select the nozzle with a diameter of one mm and it shows me the profiles that I imported. I also made a test print with both PLA and PETG and everything seems ok. This is for Cura 5.5.0.

Now I have to understand why Cura 3.5.6 shuts down after saving the file, it almost seems like there is an option somewhere that tells it "just finished saving, CLOSE"

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

4 minutes ago, Virgus said:

Now I have to understand why Cura 3.5.6 shuts down after saving the file, it almost seems like there is an option somewhere that tells it "just finished saving, CLOSE"

This is most likely a compatibilty fault with the old version of the software running on a newer OS. Basically the code for 3.5.6 gets confused and just quits. You should NOT be using 3.5.6.