Strange behavior on bottom layers in vase mode.

bartek

Posted (edited) · Strange behavior on bottom layers in vase mode.

IS way to avoid those strange lines in vase mode. They are messing effect and cant find way to disable such behavior to get regular infil
I'm reffering to this strange infils:
image.thumb.png.010fa2123198413119e355d1808891ff.png

Edited by bartek

• bartek changed the title to Strange behavior on bottom layers in vase mode.

If you could share the Cura project file (.3mf, in Cura get it ready to go then select File > Save Project) that would really help since it's hard to tell just based on one screenshot.

Looking at that one one screenshot through: spiralise mode uses as many bottom layers as you have selected before it starts spiralising and that looks like it could be skin so try going to Top/Bottom > Top/Bottom Thickness > Bottom Layers and setting it to 1. If it is bottom layers and you want it to look a bit more appealing try setting Top/Bottom > Top/Bottom Pattern to Concentric.

Edited by Slashee_the_Cow

So here,s project file. .
    I refering that (at least in my case) cura generates strange layer that have many lines.
    First layer is ok:
    image.thumb.png.f1cb929dfce8509d030f8c15cf831736.png

then second one generates like this:
    image.thumb.png.55fc7e9295711456a59d4d68a5cdd5bb.png

then third is normal again:
    image.thumb.png.3bf94e3bd0678837b90108bad4d6312f.png

in vase mode i've set bottom layers to 3. 

But if set them to 4 then 4th layer is strange again:
    image.thumb.png.b754f471ae28b595007ac43174589d4c.png

and that behavior is only in vase mode. 

CFFFP_Part5.3mf

Edited by bartek

Posted · Strange behavior on bottom layers in vase mode.

Hi @bartek,

I've just looked at this special "vase", -kind of interesting.

However, are you really using a 0.4 nozzle and 0.6 mm line height?

In my opinion, this line height is way to much for a 0.4 mm.

Or did I miss something here?

Using Cura Ver. 5.60 and found your printer to be a Neptune 1.

The profile are: Dyza 1mm vase - fine - 0.6 mm (but your nozzle is 0.4 mm).

Thanks

Torgeir

Nope, im using nozzle 1mm in this case. Changed it using plugin "printer settings". Generally it's easier for me change just nozzle diameter than creating another profile just for nozzle diameter. 
    Since i have multiple of Neptune 4pro printers then Neptune 1 is just number of printer that i have 🙂

Im trying get nice finish of bottom with 1mm nozzle. I'm just found solution. For infill i set inside line and infill for 0.6 and flow for about 80%. But this looks nice for layers at 0.3-0.4mm. 
    But i want to get very thick layers in about 0.7-0.8mm or even more - 1.2mm. Already got  volcano nozzle 1.5mm it was to long then shortened it on lathe. But tip of voclano nozzle is way shorter than neptune nozzle and must highly modify extruder. 
    Alrady ordered K1 Max hotend and will fit it to neptune. Then i will be able using nozzles with 1.5mm diameter.
    Ufff.....:)

Aha, ok., then it sure making sense.  🙂

Torgeir