Max Flow

Pridanc
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Folks, so that I don't go down a road of delusion (happens all the time, sadly) I wanted to bounce this off y'all to see if I'm using the Post Processing Script  Max Flow correctly.

I wanted to build a test to verify the exact flow I needed for a particular filament whilst printing parts that I needed. I know I didn't invent this but darned if I can remember who offered the suggestion. I've since printed the test with what I feel are the changes by layer and I'm happy so I think I was successful.  I've yet to print a part with what I've discovered but that will happen shortly.

Here is what I feel I was doing, and below are a question or two.

image.png.007bc608de8e81d7b087a4f2237debb6.png

If I look at my initial CURA setup, flow is depicted as 100%  (appears to be kind of standard or default if you will). 

After printing my part with this filament, and although the print was successful for it's purpose, it appeared as if there was a bit of under extrusion in places. In an efforet to make the print appear better, I thought I'd print a test part with varying flow rates to see which (if any) looked better.

With that in mind, and knowing that I'm happy to start the first 10mm or so with the "stock" setting of 100% flow, I wanted the first change to happen at layer 30 and that change would be to 105% from 100, and then to change every 25 layers by 5% each time.  Do you feel, after looking at the picture above, that this is what I achieved in the settings I gave the Post Processing Script?  The final test print sure looks like it but I've fooled myself before.

Next question which seems obvious but I'm still learning too much so here goes. 

If I started my test print at 100% flow, and after looking at the test when finished and find that I like the flow of 120%,  is 120% the number I go back into CURA and insert 120 under flow when printing this material?  

Suggestions if not?

Thanks in advance, PDC

• Solution
    Posted · Max Flow
    8 hours ago, Pridanc said:

With that in mind, and knowing that I'm happy to start the first 10mm or so with the "stock" setting of 100% flow, I wanted the first change to happen at layer 30 and that change would be to 105% from 100, and then to change every 25 layers by 5% each time.  Do you feel, after looking at the picture above, that this is what I achieved in the settings I gave the Post Processing Script?  The final test print sure looks like it but I've fooled myself before.

I haven't used that script but it looks like you got the settings right.

8 hours ago, Pridanc said:

If I started my test print at 100% flow, and after looking at the test when finished and find that I like the flow of 120%,  is 120% the number I go back into CURA and insert 120 under flow when printing this material? 

Yep! Just change it in Material > Flow and make sure to click the save button at the top right of the settings.