How to Change Default Layer Thickness

minuteman64

Posted · How to Change Default Layer Thickness

Using Cura 4.13.1.  My printer is Anet A8, and apparently the z steps are in 0.04mm increments (I read that somewhere, couldn't find it in my printer documentation).

So, I'm assuming that I want to set layer thicknesses in 0.04mm increments - 0.04, 0.08, 0.12, etc.  The default layer settings (when I go to Preferences > Configure Cura > Profiles) do not match these increments.   For example, the default for Extra Fine is 0.06.  Nothing shows for Fine.  The default for Normal is 0.15.

The default settings don't seem to want to accept changes.  Is there a way to do this?  Also, where did my default for Fine go?

Posted · How to Change Default Layer Thickness

I'd be surprised if your printer only had a Z resolution of 0.04mm, but hey, there's a lot of printers out there and I haven't seen anywhere near all of them.

If you want to set a custom layer height (please bear in mind this is a profile for the Ender-3 V2 Neo I no longer have, so the defaults might be a bit different to yours):

In the print settings at the top right of the prepare screen, click on Custom:

image.thumb.png.88b33dbbcc27658671fe0ebf9fd771e5.png

Layer height should be right at the top of the list, under Quality:

image.thumb.png.6d2a07f94571da87b5cd5dfb8597ebcf.png

You can then change it if you want:

image.thumb.png.d7b8da54aa4600b144931382ad70638c.png

And then save a custom profile by opening the dropdown at the top with the quality profiles:

image.png.e3ea6bba7e7ae982f6286f3ba3dc5b18.png

And about the Fine quality presets: not every printer has quality presets for all of the quality settings.