Has the Ultimaker list of materials in CURA 5.6 disappeared?

mcanton

Posted · Has the Ultimaker list of materials in CURA 5.6 disappeared?

Hi everyone

I can't explain when this happened or why, but the Ultimaker's original materials list just disappeared completely.

There was only one left. When I try to install it again from the Marketplace, the stuff shows as installed but is not on the list.

What could I have done wrong to cause this problem to happen?

I need to use the Ultimaker PLA Tought Black and I can't.

I made an attempt to print with the generic Tough PLA, but it's not the same thing, the result is a little different, and the quality is not the same.

I'm using the Ultimaker S3 printer, the nozzle is 0.4 AA in diameter, and the CURA Slicer version is 5.6.

Could you please help me by giving me some clues?

I appreciate all your help.

Marco, from Brazil.

mymateriallist.thumb.png.b302988fd38904e9468977d8ab2c58ac.png

19 hours ago, Alain_D said:

Did you install "Startup Optimizer" ?

Startup Optimizer only stops it from loading printer definition files, not materials.

I don't own one, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I know UltiMaker printers communicate with Cura about what materials they have. I see in your screenshot there's a Sync with Printers button I don't see, maybe try clicking on that (and if there's a way on the printer you can tell it what filament you're using, do that). You can't actually remove any of the material profiles that come with Cura (short of deleting the files for them) so they should still be around.

Make sure you have the correct type of print core selected in Cura because that will change which materials appear (since not all materials are compatible with all core types).

It's at this point I'll tag @gr5 who knows a lot more about UltiMaker printers than me so might be able to help. 🙂

If you still can't fix it, then you can head to the UltiMaker support site, search the knowledge base and if you can't find a solution to your problem, contact the support team. 

sync with printer just tells the printer about a new material so if you go to the marketplace and install (and restart cura) a new material you can then sync it with the printers so now they know about it also.  It's more of a one way "sync" from cura to the printer.

@Slashee_the_Cow - can you explain again how to reset all the settings in cura back to "factory install" or whatever?  Maybe that will fix it.  I never remember what folder to clear out.

6 hours ago, gr5 said:

@Slashee_the_Cow - can you explain again how to reset all the settings in cura back to "factory install" or whatever?  Maybe that will fix it.  I never remember what folder to clear out.

In Windows you need to delete the whole %APPDATA%\cura folder (you can't just get rid of the current version because then it'll just import from an older one).