Printcore temperature graph

Posted · Printcore temperature graph

Hello everyone,

I use recently ultimaker 3 print for my study, I want know the temperature at the printcore, in the homepage is this printcore use PT100. So it fits my requirements, but I don't know how to make a temperature graph like this:

print_core_temperature_mixup.thumb.png.1fef5ee41d5f848b5156f1f9c08e2931.png

By the way, it is possible to get the csv Daten of temperature from printcore? 

Thanks!

Otto

Step 1: find out the IP address.  Through the menus put the printer into "developer mode".  Once you do that you will see the IP address of the printer at the top as shown here:

2024-04-1407_40_18.thumb.jpg.ad762466d302583bbd429e3ad9f464fa.jpg

Developer mode might not be needed if you know the IP address.  But maybe you need developer mode for the next step?  Not sure.

Next go to that address in a browser:

Screenshotfrom2024-04-1407-41-37.thumb.png.39dfe1e058b0b1827d4bf12f5a6a8f9e.png

And click on the link "temperature graph".

Now to get the data in a CSV format - it's actually in JSON format.  The above browser must be on a computer (not a phone).  Press the F12 key, then make sure the screen on the right is in network mode as shown (see blue line under "network").  Then hit F5 and once the graph loads click the red button to stop network requests (see the button is gray to the left of "network").  Click on the line that says "5000" as shown and click on "response" (see blue line under "response").  Now you can see the data in json format.  You can cut that and paste it into a website that converts json to CSV.  Or write a few lines of code to convert it from json to csv.

Screenshotfrom2024-04-1407-46-59.thumb.png.fa520a3dcdfa3762038b6723c2f92e4e.png

The problem with the above is that it appears that perhaps the printer only stores about 10 minutes of data (that's about how much data came back from my printer).  The graph will continue to grow however as your web browser will store much more data.  I don't know the best way to get more data.  Maybe you could let the browser continue to grab the data and then dump out the array that is storing the accumulated data from the javascript command line in the browser debugger.

Or maybe you could look at the code for the "temperature" web page and change the code to suit your own needs.

On 4/14/2024 at 1:56 PM, gr5 said:

The problem with the above is that it appears that perhaps the printer only stores about 10 minutes of data (that's about how much data came back from my printer).  The graph will continue to grow however as your web browser will store much more data.  I don't know the best way to get more data.  Maybe you could let the browser continue to grab the data and then dump out the array that is storing the accumulated data from the javascript command line in the browser debugger.

Or maybe you could look at the code for the "temperature" web page and change the code to suit your own needs.

On 4/14/2024 at 1:49 PM, gr5 said:

Step 1: find out the IP address.  Through the menus put the printer into "developer mode".  Once you do that you will see the IP address of the printer at the top as shown here:

2024-04-1407_40_18.thumb.jpg.ad762466d302583bbd429e3ad9f464fa.jpg

Developer mode might not be needed if you know the IP address.  But maybe you need developer mode for the next step?  Not sure.

Next go to that address in a browser:

Screenshotfrom2024-04-1407-41-37.thumb.png.39dfe1e058b0b1827d4bf12f5a6a8f9e.png

And click on the link "temperature graph".

Now to get the data in a CSV format - it's actually in JSON format.  The above browser must be on a computer (not a phone).  Press the F12 key, then make sure the screen on the right is in network mode as shown (see blue line under "network").  Then hit F5 and once the graph loads click the red button to stop network requests (see the button is gray to the left of "network").  Click on the line that says "5000" as shown and click on "response" (see blue line under "response").  Now you can see the data in json format.  You can cut that and paste it into a website that converts json to CSV.  Or write a few lines of code to convert it from json to csv.

Screenshotfrom2024-04-1407-46-59.thumb.png.fa520a3dcdfa3762038b6723c2f92e4e.png

Very thanks! and I just have one queastion: there are also many line 20, here store maybe the actual temerature daten, and in line 5000 just partially. what should I do?image.thumb.png.2bf6de81c242827eb22dd4730a55625d.png

the "20" command seems to get the more recent temperatures.  I suggested you hit the red button to stop those as they just keep going every few seconds.

Yeah if you want more than 10 minutes of data it gets more complicated.

It occurred to me just now that you could look through the code for that web page (no idea where it is - probably in one of those ".js" files) and the temperature data is almost certainly appended to some array at some point in javascript.

You could dump that array after many minutes/hours of collecting data.  But I don't know the name of the array or anything - if you aren't a programmer and don't have a good friend who is great at javascript then you are out of luck.

15 hours ago, gr5 said:

the "20" command seems to get the more recent temperatures.  I suggested you hit the red button to stop those as they just keep going every few seconds.

Yeah if you want more than 10 minutes of data it gets more complicated.

It occurred to me just now that you could look through the code for that web page (no idea where it is - probably in one of those ".js" files) and the temperature data is almost certainly appended to some array at some point in javascript.

You could dump that array after many minutes/hours of collecting data.  But I don't know the name of the array or anything - if you aren't a programmer and don't have a good friend who is great at javascript then you are out of luck.

thank you for your response, I have find a easy way to get the temerature. now I have a new question: the time make me confusing.

image.thumb.png.b9a4054498cf56db5736763d514d5ce8.png

can we change it in standard format?

According to the link below, it's time in seconds.  I think it's the time since you turned the printer on?  If you read the post I link to below, it mentions that there are about 10 temperature samples per second.