Issue w/ fan temp not following my material profile

TT_Vert

Posted · Issue w/ fan temp not following my material profile

I'm running cura 5.7.0 and am noticing that while my temp settings follow the material, the fan temp does not.  The current material profile calls for 240/80 with 60% fan.  Fan always says 100% unfortunately.  I am not sure what I need to enable/change for this to work but I'm sure there is something i'm missing.  Any input?

Thanks much,

Dave

image.thumb.png.eed798f0cbaef0bf1d116cd5f3b9d2d2.png

Click on the setting profile, then Manage Profiles  Extruder Settings and check to see if the Material fan speed is being overridden by a custom fan speed.  The custom profile will take precedence.  There should be a circle-arrow icon or a function icon next to the setting to tell you there is an override.  I don't see one there.

There is a new post-processor "Advanced Cooling Fan Control".  It can be set to "By Layer" or to "By Feature" (better for long or slow prints).

NM, stumbled upon the fix.  Seems in each profile cfg file there was a line I had to remove from all profiles:
    =100.0 if cool_fan_enabled else 0.0

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\cura\5.7\quality_changes

Posted (edited) · Issue w/ fan temp not following my material profile
    On 4/14/2024 at 8:00 PM, Slashee_the_Cow said:

You can right click the property name in the print settings and select Use value from material

image.png.252f2155a44158580664e61bae8075c6.png

Oddly, I get something different when I right click on fan speed.  I also tried changing the fan speed from absolute to calculated by clicking the F but no change.

image.png.a697fb79189a5e94c604bdf7113436ab.png

Edited by TT_Vert

I'm missing the top line of the right click menu as well.  In 5.6 it's "Use value from material" but in 5.7.0 and 5.7.1 the menu only lists "Remove from favorites" and "Configure favorites".

I opened a bug report regarding the right-click menu.

@TT_Vert there is a fabulous, wondrous, absolutely scintillating, new post-processor "Advanced Cooling Fan Control" in 5.7.1 that you might find useful as an alternative to the native Cura fan control.

1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

I'm missing the top line of the right click menu as well.  In 5.6 it's "Use value from material" but in 5.7.0 and 5.7.1 the menu only lists "Remove from favorites" and "Configure favorites".

I opened a bug report regarding the right-click menu.

@TT_Vert there is a fabulous, wondrous, absolutely scintillating, new post-processor "Advanced Cooling Fan Control" in 5.7.1 that you might find useful as an alternative to the native Cura fan control.

Quite strange I'm running 5.7.1 & I have the "Use value from material" on a right click

image.png.86e1e606b8eee06e03d9fc412e1258d8.png

2 hours ago, PartySausage said:

Quite strange I'm running 5.7.1 & I have the "Use value from material" on a right click

image.png.86e1e606b8eee06e03d9fc412e1258d8.png

Do you by chance have some materials settings plugin?

That was it.  I hadn't loaded it when I moved up to 5.7.1.  With the Material Settings plugin installed the right click menu has the option again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

That was it.  I hadn't loaded it when I moved up to 5.7.1.  With the Material Settings plugin installed the right click menu has the option again.

That makes sense.  Still strange I had to do what I had to do to allow fan settings based on material but i'm sure it's something I did some time ago which caused this to begin with.

Dave

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TT_Vert said:

Do you by chance have some materials settings plugin?

The answer is yes but it looks like you beat me to the chase & sussed it out. I didn't realise the option isn't available without that plugin