Infill line start position

Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Infill line start position

Hello! I have a problem with the infill settings of a solid cube. I have 0 top and bottom layers, wall counts -0, and infill set at 100%. The infill line directions are [90, 90]. However, I have an issue with the starting position of the infill line. After the first layer, the infill line starts from the middle (orange in the picture) of the print rather than starting from the edge. What can I change so that every infill line in each layer starts from the same position? I have attached my project file. Please give me some suggestions. Thank you. Infill1.thumb.png.8fbf47814178436bcd89c74f852ad992.png

Solid cube.3mf

• Solution

I don't know if this is right, but I've found that looking at it like this gets my head around "Infill".

There is a block of infill that encompasses the entire build volume.  Cura uses those portions that intersect a volume of the model where there should be infill.

Consequently, the "mid-point" of the infill pattern is at the mid-point of the build plate.

If you move that block to X0 Y25 (1/2 the model depth) I think you'll get what you want.  Cura's "block of infill" will stay where it is, but you will force a different "intersection" with the model.

GV Solid cube.3mf

image.thumb.png.3f01eb28eeff9bd1354fffab6ca29a03.png

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

FWIW, you don't have to set the line directions to [90, 90]. Just [90] will work fine, each layer it goes to the next one in the series and then repeats, so you only need one and it'll repeat that.

• Thanks 1