UM2+ started an ABS print prior to the bed being to temperature

Go to solution Solved by Torgeir,

Posted · UM2+ started an ABS print prior to the bed being to temperature

Hi,

I submitted a GitHub ticket (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/18996) and it was suggested to post the inquiry here, since it might be a printer issue.

I was advised to tag @Torgeir

When I tried the print again, it DID do the proper heat up of the bed, then nozzle and then printed.

I have a lot of time on that Ultimaker 2+ and so far, no major issues. 

I'm just really curious why this happened!

Thanks @GregValiant

• Solution

Hi @LePaul,

Just saw your posting and the link to github.

According to the temperature "map" during heating up the bed and the nozzle -it appear to be a power dump just when the printing started. This is "kind of known", when the power supply deliver close to max output.

May happen, when we're starting printing using high power over an extended period (warm up to high temp) -and when all the steppers motors suddenly are starting.

A general advice here will be to make sure the main PCB have forced (fan) cooling and that the power supply also are at some cooled location..

My best assumption at this stage.

Thanks

Torgeir

Hi,

Power supply is located in a spot with plenty of ventilation (not in an enclosure).  Main board seems to be good as well.

Interesting?

• Like 1