Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
celso-santos

Hello from Rio

I received my Ultimaker 2 two days ago and had some trouble to find my way, but thanks to the wonderful help from the many experts of this forum ( that have the habit to show goodwill and patience with newbies like me) I could overcome all the basic problems and started printing the first of a thousand things that I have already designed and want to see in 3D.

The machine is beautiful, very sophisticated and well built and I feel that we should have videos explaining some of the basic problems that are frequently addressed by users.

Anyway, just by reading the discussions and experiences exchanged in this forum I could learn a lot and start to discover how to make nice prints.

thanks for the help, and let's move on!

Celso

printing with a 3d printer is like riding a bike.. at the start tricky.... but then you dont have to think about it again..

Then the next step is printing things..

and the last step is when thats not enough... and start focusing on creating new things !

Its an interesting path in life..

Ian :-)

OK, here are my first two prints: a wheel and a tire in scale 1:13. The outside diameter of the part is 45 mm (the coin has

Ø 20mm). Printed in PLA in 3 hours - Nozzle temp. 220C - Bed temp. 60ºC no glue - speed 50mm/s .

I am very happy with the results achieved so far. Machine is working as clockwork.

Celso

Roda 2

Roda 1